Sunday, December 13, 2009

Semester break drawing class


Day 5
Day 4
Day 3
Day 2
Day 1

It was holiday but i went back to school for a drawing workshop that teaches the drawing style of Charles Bargue. The course was fun and i learnt much but it was a little tiring, drawing consecutive for 5days, 9am-4pm.

We were taught to use the construction method to define the overall gesture and placements of the body. After which we refine the contours of the figure and block in the terminator shadow. And the final step, which is also the most tedious, we turn the form by adding in a smooth transition of shading.

I was struggling to comprehend this form turning process on the last few days, the supreme delicateness it requires was fighting with my patience. I was hesitant to accept such a laborious method. I went to look around and found that my friends' work and shading were neat and systematic, while mine was random and messy. I was amazed by how people can be so neat.

But I am still quite pleased at my result for this was my first attempt to do shading seriously. However though it can be much improved if i had more patience to do it neatly and systematically.


No comments: